Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Resting In Leverick Bay

Well, it is Thanksgiving week, Nyanza is all cleaned up out in the bay beside the Bitter End, and I am sitting next to the beach sending out this Blog as the waves roll slowly in and kids play on the beach. Today was a pretty lazy day aboard Nyanza.......breakfast  Yogurt, pineapple and fruit with Granola.....captains choice every day with coffee and oj. Sherry thinks I am in a rut. What can I say.

 

This afternoon Sherry and I rode 4 miles in the zodiac over to Leverick Bay Resort where I had JT and David and Mom booked for January. After a ounce look over a a little lunch I returned to the Bitter End to negotiate a rate for the family. Successfully done, I sat down to Scarpe David...a new tool in my arsenal.......

 

Have been reading the book “One Soldier” story of the Navy Seals in Afghanistan. Very interesting knowing Stu Zurn and what they go thru. I am sure the end with many deaths will not be pretty but good reading.

 

Tomorrow Nyanza heads for Roadtown Tortola to get her new Main Halyard and laundry that was left to be cleaned. Turkey day is unknown but we will move west to Sopers hole and then into St John and St Thomas over the weekend. Plan to be in St Thomas Dec 1 to get hydraulic backstay done. Two-three days.....then up to Nanny Cay late first week of December.

 

The front has cleared out, last night on the mooring we had puffs up to 35 knots. Wow....Clear this afternoon with winds around 15K and 78 degrees.

 

Talking to Erie, Snow Snow Snow......perhaps this was the year to spend at the Valley. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

 

Perhaps Thanksgiving day dinner in the islands should be :  “Pickled Rooster garnished in white snow (sand)” ...I will be looking for my oyster stuffing!

 

Happy Thanksgiving. Cap Jim