Saturday, November 1, 2008

NYANZA Delayed four days to start!


Caribbean 1500 delayed until Thursday, November 6. Yesterday it became very obvious that we were not going to go. The huge high that ended up over upper Maine and Nova Scotia has moved North allowing a new heavy low to form off the Georgia Coast. Result is that on Monday and Tuesday we would have to slug thru 30-40 knot winds out of the Southwest because we would be on the wrong side of this Front coming off shore.

Nyanza is using Chris Parker for it's weather information...here is my communication with them yesterday....The Caribbean 1500 is using Commanders and I have that available as needed.

James McBrier wrote:
> Mary (at Chris Parker),
>
> Rally has been postponed until Thursday, Nov 6^th . Jim S/V NYANZA
>
or Tuesday we could be slugging thru 30-40 knot winds out of the South West. Not fun. Nyanza is 95% ready to go. We wait.

Jim:

I saw your note to Mary. I'm glad they made that decision. It could either be ugly out there...or VERY ugly out there...but there's only a slim chance of it not being ugly.

Cheers...Chris.

Chris Parker

Weather & Communications - Hardware, Software, Sales, Consulting, Books, Seminars President, Marine Weather & Communications LLC, www.mwxc.com

SSB Email Service (XNet Mail - "a New Age in HF Email") President, XNet Yachting Association LLC, www.xnetmail.com

Weather Forecasting & Vessel Routing
Chief Forecaster, Caribbean Weather Center Ltd, www.caribwx.com

5130 Medulla Rd
Lakeland FL 33811
ph 863-248-2702
cell 941-915-7608
fax 863-248-4666