Feb 2, Nanny Cay
Well, after the inspection of the bottom, I got my friend Miles Poor in Nanny Cay, Katrina in the 1500 to help me get the boat worked on so we can get her home safely and get a good bottom on her for the Heineken Regatta.
What started out as a clean of the shaft and prop and a paint job has now expanded to fixing some leaks, a new shaft, head hose replacements etc etc.
It is wonderful to be in a yard with a man such as Miles who knows what is needed and can get the job done.
Meanwhile I gave Sherry the week off in Ft lauderdale and I returned to Erie to see Jane and check in on the businesses I am responsible for. Came to Erie from 81 degrees and met 8 degrees...need I say more.
Back on the 10th of February with a good sailing friend Doug Beers who is going to help Sherry and I get the boat over to St Maarten....probably a little fun at Barts also. See you back in the Caribbean next week. Cap Jim