Friday, February 20, 2009

Busy in St Maarten

Getting ready for the Heineken and other misc projects will keep Sherry and I busy for the next week. Brother Dale and Lynn arrive tomorrow with the Lunds and Walkers to Bare Boat out of Oyster Pond for a week ....probably with the big winds we are having a long trip to St Barts is in Order.....We have an appointment to get the boat measured on Tuesday and I hope to catch up with Dale in St Barts later in the week.
I do not know if you have seen the news on the turmoil in Guadaloupe and Martinique..I had wanted to sail down to Guadaloupe but with the rioting it is not a good idea.....the French side of St Maarten seams normal...lets hope......tonight is Friday and we are going to go up to the Sunset Bar at the end of the runway to see the sunset.....Jane and I were there probably 10 years ago.....it is always fun to see the jets drop right over your head 80 feet off the ground........
Tomorrow it is repairs.....two new reef lines.......over at Budget Marine and a few other little items ........understand the ice boating in Erie is over as the bay is open.....too bad ...thought it was going to be a big year......Will shoot some pictures tomorrow in the zodiac for you of a few of the small boats down here....just kidding...they are huge. Cap Jim