Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nyanza sails into Annapolis

Captain rolled out with a number of cobwebs after the wonderful party at Bartholmee's.
Roger called and invited us for Breakfast and Bloodies........TOO Much
They saw us off the dock at 1000hrs. Thanks to all

Down we go under the Chesapeake Bridge sailing with a Jib....One of my biggest highlights of ths saga will be sailing into Annapolis.....after being here 30 times and never being on a boat, I felt like I had accomplished one of the few true sailing moments in the US.....sailing into Annapolis Harbor....going up Spa Creek ...having the bridge open for little old NYANZA.....never thought I would do this.

Up the River we go to Sarles Yard...just beyond the bridge looking at Scott Allan's house that we stayed in 30 years ago when we came down to the Boat Show. Sarles is a rail yard that is 100 years old that today restores wood boats and with the suggestion of Scott Allan we are here for the month asking Andy Fegley toreplace the autopilot and Marshall from Gordons to fif the reefer. Wonderful people, Sarles owner Bev Smith and Manager Jim Kavle who was the grinder on Dennis Connors winning Americas Cup Boat have gone out of there way to make us feel like old Annapolis....Need I say more.....they are wonderful...found us a slip for the potential Hurricanes.....NYANZA IS HAPPY. Good night