Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spring 2014 BVI's

April, 2014 and it's time to head to the Caribbean with guess who "Sherry". Its going to be a great trip for a week in the BVI's on a chartered Beneteau 50 with my brother Dale and his wife Lynn and Rich Merwin and my cousin Lynette Hughes.
I have attached some photos of the trip. We flew into St Thomas where I spent two nights with my good friends Kevin and Peggy Gregory next to the St Thomas Yacht Club. Had a great time and they agreed to meet us up in the North Sound Virgin Gorda later in the week.
So Friday, April 11 I head for Nanny Cay to meet Sherry and everyone coming into Tortola.
Stayed at the Nanny Cay Hotel. Works fine nothing fancy but great food at Peg Legs as always.
So off we go on another great circle of the BVI's. We hit all the great spots, Norman, North Sound and Jost to name a few. Great weather, great sailing. Sheery has us talked into going to Greece in 2015 in September to sail near KOS. Think I will take her up on it. Check out the photos.
Got back to Fort Lauderdale just in time for Easter and to head home to get the boathouse project finished at EYC. A very time consuming project for the past 4 years. tell you more later. (Check out the pic under photos)

Captain Jim