Monday, March 23, 2009

Back To St Maarten...one last time

03-21-09 Spring was sprung in Erie last week...first day of Spring...no snow..bay open.....time to think about getting Nyanza home.....arrived back on the 21st to be greeted by 80 degree weather...oh forgpot to tell you Lake Erie was 39 Degrees.
Last night Sherry and I took a zodiac ride out to see the Maltese Falcon.....I think it is close to one of the biggest sailboats in the world.....cxheck out the pictures...interestingly it was heavy rolling in the swell...must be quite topheavy with the big rig.....masts over 200' off the water....can't clear the Golden Gate Bridge.......

If you are in the marine industry down here......slow.....no charters...the big maxi boats being moved back to Lauderdale to be put on the hard...crews laid off.....
no good.

Talked to dave block today...he is ready to joinj Nyanza week of April 13 to bring the boat north with Jack Gordon and Sherry....

Roger Zurn shows up today to help bring Nyanza back to the BVI's...we leave Wednesday.....I think he will have a good time...seeing Anguella, Bitter End, Trellis Bay before he leaves Saturday.....
Enjoy the pictures...Cap Jim