Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Wonderful Bay..Put in bay

08-11-11 Pushing off Bayview we had a spectacular ride down beside detroit...noticed lots of Homeland security as we came along...cars along shore and boats....we moved very fast....current has speeded up since dredging I think...going about 9 knots SOG (Speed over ground)As we got closer to Lake Erie it got faster and faster.

What a contrast as we hit Lake Erie.....from Clear beautiful water in Lake Huron to weeds, algee, green yuck at the western end of Lake Erie....Shallow and weeds....too bad when you see what the othe beautiful Lakes look like.....Arriving at Put In Bay we checked into my favorite spot...The Crews Nest......Joan Booker has retired but he sister? Nancy Booker was very accomodating and found us a spot for the night...Thanks Nancy.....After docking we went into the Nest for a beverage and looking for Mac McCandless the proprietor to say hello...ending up at Mac's to say hello and hear about the continued prosperity of the island. You cannot go to the bay and not help Mac.....his dad was the Barber on the island.......Mac now owns a big piece with I might add a lot of hard work and creativity. Thanks Mac.

Well nothing lasts forever....come Friday Morning Doug, Sara and I depart for an easy overnight to Erie arriving on Saturday morning......a 315 mile run in 5 days.
Thanks Doug and Sara......I don't know about you but I was very tired!!!!!Capjim