Friday, April 4, 2008

Nyanza Uncovers

Spring is here, the ice is gone on Lake Erie and now the work begins on getting the boat ready for her trip south.

Yesterday I went to Bluewater in Fort Lauderdale, a wonderful nautical resource store, a branch from Newport RI where I found all the charts and books that I will carry into the Caribbean to support my Raymarine E system.

Here is a start on what I will be carrying for your reference:
Royalty Pilot Books 1-2 for the West Indies
Reeds Almanac Atlantic and Carribean
Maptech Charts Chesapeake,Virgin Islands,Leewards,Windwards
Assorted large NOAA Charts of Atlantic (Norfolk to Tortola),Chesapeake,
Coastal US,Large Charts of Virgins, Leewards etc

Guide to Cruising the Chesapeake 2008
Carribean Passagemaking (Weatheritt)
Virgin Islands Cruising Guide (Scott)
Leeward Island Cruising Guide (Doyle)
Windward Islands Cruising Guide (Doyle)

Looks like next week the cover comes off and my cabinet maker can set into the boat and assemble the new storage lockers and modified table that was built over the winter.

Shortly thereafter the new Spectra Catalina 300 MPC Watermaker will get installed along with the new inverter. Lots of activity with a splash date of early May.

Captain Jim